Do you need a dental implant? We offer implants to patients in the Addison and Laramie neighborhood of Chicago, IL, and we are a short drive away from anywhere in the city. Get to us from anywhere near Addison and Laramie in Chicago, IL:
Chicago, IL 60634
One of our locations are typically less than 15 minutes away from anywhere in Chicago. Our mission is to provide compassionate care in a safe and comfortable environment. We strive to make each one of our patients feel like a family member, with friendly, attentive service and personal attention to your needs.
What are implants?
Dental implants are metal posts or frames that are surgically placed into your jawbone, beneath your gums. Once in place, replacement teeth can be mounted onto them.
What are the benefits of implants?
There are a lot of benefits to getting an implant with a crown, bridge or denture, over just a crown, bridge or denture:
- Implants cannot become decayed underneath, like bridges can.
- Implants don't need to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges require.
- Implants don't come loose like dentures.
- Implants won't shift in your mouth, which provides a more natural feel.
How do dental implants work?
Because implants are fused to your jawbone, they provide a stable base of support for artificial teeth such as crowns, bridges and dentures. Dentures and bridges that are mounted to implants won't shift in your mouth, which is very beneficial while eating or talking. As a result, many patients say that bridges or dentures placed on implants feel more natural than traditional bridges or dentures.
The dental implant consists of three parts:
- Dental implant: a cylindrical or tapered post, usually made of titanium, that serves as a substitute for the tooth root.
- Abutment: a connector that is placed on or built into the top of the implant, to connect the implant to the replacement tooth.
- Crown: the replacement tooth, custom made to match your natural teeth.
Can I get dental implants?
To be a candidate for implants, you need to have healthy bums and adequate bone to support the implant. You also have to commit to excellent oral hygiene and ongoing, timely checkups and cleanings in order to keep the implants and surrounding tissue healthy.
How long does it take to get an implant?
There are several steps to completing an implant, and the total time required is 3-6 months.
- We will clean your teeth and gums in preparation of the procedure.
- We will insert an artificial root into your jawbone.
- We then allow the root to heal for 3-6 months and ensure the tissue around the root heals and hardens.
- We then place a crown, denture or bridge on top of the newly healed root.
How much does an implant cost?
This depends on the type of material, the location of the tooth, and what other concerns you might have. We recommend you call one of our locations to make an appointment and see us today.
How long does an implant last
When properly maintained with brushing and flossing, the implant itself can last a lifetime. The crown or bridge on top of the implant, however, is usually rated to last 5 to 15 years, depending on hygiene and location in the mouth.
We are happy to help people near Addison and Laramie in Chicago get a dental implant and receive compassionate care for their whole family.
Is our Belmont Central location not close to you? Consider our other office locations!
Chicago, IL 60632
We offer other services at Forever Dental near Addison and Laramie:
Tap to learn more!
Contact us today
Want to schedule an appointment or learn more? Contact us today!